Film Title: Hanna
Film Type: Action, Adventure, Thriller
Saoirse Ronan as Hanna
Eric Bana as Erik Heller
Cate Blanchett as Marissa Wiegler
Tom Hollander as Isaacs
Olivia Williams as Rachel
Jason Flemyng as Sebastian
Jessica Barden as Sophie
Michelle Dockery as False Marissa
Joe Wright (also known for directing "Soloist", "Atonement", and "Pride & Prejudice")
The story of a film is about a teenage girl named Hanna played by Saoirse Ronan, who grew in the wilds of Finland and was trained to be an assassin by her father, Eric Heller, played by Eric Bana, who was an ex-CIA agent. Hanna is not an ordinary girl. She has the strength, the stamina, and the smarts of a soldier. Living a life unlike any other teenagers, her upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. The turning point in her adolescence is a sharp one; sent into the world by her father on a mission, Hanna journeys stealthily across Europe while eluding agents dispatched after her by a ruthless intelligence operative with secrets of her own (Cate Blanchett). As she nears her ultimate target, Hanna faces startling revelations about her existence and unexpected questions about her humanity
- Filming locations included Bavaria, Berlin, Finland, and Morocco. Most of the filming occurred at Studio Babelsberg. Danny Boyle (127 Hours, 28 Days Later) and Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men) were previously attached to direct the film, before it was confirmed that Joe Wright would direct it. The film's script was written by Seth Lochhead and David Farr. Seth Lochhead wrote the original story and script on spec in 2006.
- In an interview with Film School Rejects, Joe Wright cited David Lynch as a major influence on Hanna: " I’ve always loved David Lynch since, I guess, I first saw Blue Velvet when I was about fifteen. I thought it was just the most magical and extraordinary film that I’d ever seen, and then I went back and watched Eraserhead and The Elephant Man. I’ve never been able to play with those influences because David Lynch isn’t really appropriate for Pride and Prejudice, but [Hanna] was an opportunity to do just that."
- He went on to describe Hanna as not a typical action movie: "I don’t think I would [describe it as an action movie]. It’s a fairy tale, action movie, drama.... It’s a really difficult movie to describe and I think it’s gonna be quite difficult for the marketing department to market it as well. If they market it too much as an action movie, people won't get what they want. I think one has to be quite careful in that respect."
- Describing the fairy tale elements, he said: "There’s an atmosphere to it that is somehow surreal and it almost comes from the subconscious. Like fairy tales do, they deal with archetypes and the film characters are very much archetypal characters. Eric Bana being the strong father like the woodcutter and Blanchett’s character is very much the wicked witch, wearing the red and green. There’s kind of a darkness to those fairy tales that I always appreciated. It’s quite a dark film in a couple of ways."
- He worked extensively with the young writer Seth Lochhead to "to bring out the mythic qualities of [the picture] as well as to... figure out the C.I.A with how they talk." Seth Lochhead was 24 when he wrote the first draft.
- On the Chemical Brothers score, he said: "You can expect an extraordinarily loud, thumping, deeply funky score that will not disappoint."
- Cate Blanchett will star as the film's primary antagonist
- Saoirse Ronan is known for movies "City of Ember", and "The Lovely Bone". She will also played the role Itaril in the upcoming movie of Peter Jackson, "The Hobbit".
- The script of this film was listed on both the 2006 and 2009 Black List, an annual list of the best unproduced screenplays of the year